8 things you must do now you’re engaged!
Have you just got engaged and don’t know where to start? Firstly, congratulations!
Now don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with the 8 things you must do now you’re engaged, below:
1. Enjoy it – spend time together and take it all in. Go for a romantic walk or candlelit dinner, reminisce over the proposal and start discussing your ideas for the wedding.
2. Share the good news – start with your family then your close friends and finally move onto everyone else.
3. Have your engagement ring fitted and insured – make sure your ring is the perfect size and insured as soon as possible. Losing your uninsured ring would not be the best way to start your engagement!
4. Buy a wedding planner book or create an online version – it is important to get this as soon as possible, this way you can keep all of your notes and ideas together in one place.
5. Decide who you want to involve in your big day – plan your wedding party list and send out your bridal party/groomsmen proposals. The sooner they are asked the sooner you can celebrate together, of course also not forgetting the sooner they can help with the wedding planning!
6. Research and Budget Planning – there is a lot to do when it comes to planning your big day, get researching as soon as you can. This will ensure you know what to expect and that you will be making educated decisions which is really important, especially when it comes to your venue search. Based on your research you can create your budget, it is important to create your budget early on to make sure you don’t let your imagination run beyond your means.
7. Decide on a date and get venue searching – this will go hand in hand, you will need to have an idea of dates but the venue will dictate this overall due to their availability or lack of. It is important to do this as soon as possible as the venue will be the base for the rest of your planning, you also need to get in early with venues to guarantee availability.
8. Book your photographer and have an engagement shoot – similarly to your venue, photographers book up quickly, you need to book them asap to make sure you don’t miss out. Arranging an engagement shoot will also be a lovely way to practice for the big day and create memories to cherish forever.
Enjoy every minute of your engagement, it is a lovely time to cherish and celebrate with each other. You can join our Facebook group here to give you even more tips and tricks for creating your EPIC wedding day!